I was present way back at the first ever inhibitor summit meetings, brainchild at the time of George McAvoy of Novo Nordisk, and funded by Novo Nordisk. Now run by National Hemophilia Foundation (NHF) with funding from Novo Nordisk, NHF is pleased to announce the 2014 Inhibitor Education Summits, designed to specifically cater to your inhibitor educational needs. Come join this dynamic event and interact with expert healthcare professionals as well as other patients and their families for a weekend of education designed to improve your overall health and quality of life.
The Summits provide:
• Travel and lodging financial assistance provided for eligible patients and their caregiver(s)
• Both locations accessible to wheelchairs and other mobility devices
• Four different educational tracks tailored to suit your needs as a patient or caregiver
• An Interactive Education Camp for Youths, including an off-site activity (Ages 4-12)
• Childcare for infants-3 years old
To learn more, contact NHF: 877-560-5833 or firstname.lastname@example.org
or go to https://www.nhfinhibitorsummits.org/register.aspx
Great Book I Just Read
by Art Davidson [Kindle] (1969)
This is a classic in mountaineering books. Young, impetuous and even reckless climbers, all skilled, set out to "conquer" Denali in the first winter assualt. The mountain humbles them in ways too painful and detailed to spell out. It is an amazing testament to leadership, teamwork, lack thereof sometimes, hubris and human spirit. When a raging winter storm barrels in, only a snow cave stands between the climbers and death. With virtually no food, frost bitten, and disorientated, they wait out the storm in 148 degree below zero weather, and struggle back to freedom and go down in history. What keptthem going? A fascinating read on a cold winter night. Four/Five stars.