The following is a paid public service announcement. LA Kelley Communications always advises you to be a savvy consumer when contacting any company; do not reveal personal information (PI) or protected health information (PHI) carelessly or against your will.
Every day, I’m reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. Like the life-changing support I’ve had the privilege to both give and receive within the hemophilia community.
As a parent personally touched by a bleeding disorder, I’ve witnessed first-hand the power a strong support system can provide.
This truly is a community that cares, and I’m proud to be a part of it.
That’s why today, I’m excited to spread the word about a program that embraces the spirit of this community—FACTOR IT FORWARD.
With FACTOR IT FORWARD, the people behind IXINITY® [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] have partnered with AmeriCares, a non-profit global health organization, to donate IXINITY to people with hemophilia B who can’t afford to be without it right here at home.
And it doesn’t end there. Visit www.factoritforward.comor read on to find out how you can help.
FACTOR IT FORWARD and help lead the way
As part of their commitment to the hemophilia B community, the makers of IXINITY will donate 10% of IXINITY used to nines who need it most here in the U.S. That means:
For every 10 units of IXINITY used, 1 unit is donated to those in need in the United States.
So when you use IXINITY, you help give back to the hemophilia B community. You can try IXINITY for free to see how it works for you. With your IXINITY FREE Trial, you'll receive 1 month of treatment up to 20,000 IU. Learn more about the FREE Trial, download the FREE Trial Form, and talk to your doctor.
Plus, there are even more ways to join in and help FACTOR IT FORWARD in addition to using IXINITY.
Get involved today, right now, when you take the giving quiz at www.FactorItForward.com. You’ll earn points that will contribute to factor donations just by answering a few quick questions.
Or chat with an IXINITY rep at a local chapter event and snap a selfie with your giving pledge. Share the pic on your favorite social media channel to get points just for posting.
More points equal more factor donated, making it even easier for everyone to do their part!
And since there’s no limit to the number of IUs donated, every IU of IXINITY used and every point earned count toward that end goal: to leave no nine behind.
Visit www.FactorItForward.com today to learn more about the program and how you can participate, and talk to your doctor to find out how you can try IXINITY for free.
IXINITY INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is IXINITY®?
IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B. Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.
IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for IXINITY®
· You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
· You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
· You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
· Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body’s defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
· If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
· Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
· The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
· These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
For more information about IXINITY, please see accompanying full Prescribing Information, including Important Patient Information.
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the Food and Drug Administration. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Manufactured by Cangene Corporation, a subsidiary of Emergent BioSolutions Inc. and distributed by
Cangene bioPharma, Inc., a subsidiary of Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
IXINITY® [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)], FACTOR IT FORWARD, and any and all Emergent BioSolutions Inc. brand, product, service
and feature names, logos, slogans are trademarks or registered trademarks of Emergent BioSolutions Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States or other countries. All rights reserved.
©2016 Emergent BioSolutions Inc. CM-FIX-0048