This week, I’m excited to tell you about a new company made of up familiar faces within the hemophilia B community. The people from Emergent who brought you IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] are now continuing their tradition of being a different kind of company at Aptevo Therapeutics.
Continue reading for more information about how Aptevo is still committed to putting people with hemophilia B first.
Introducing Aptevo Therapeutics
Aptevo Therapeutics is a new biotech company focused on improving the lives of people with bleeding disorders and cancer by combining extensive experience with the drive to advance the science of what’s next.
By connecting with people across the country to learn about their needs and continuing to support community outreach programs that enrich peoples’ lives, our primary goal is to provide high-quality, specialized therapies for people with rare conditions.
When it comes to the hemophilia B community, the same people from Emergent who pride themselves on working for a different kind of company are now part of Aptevo.
So while you may see a new business card, IXINITY is still the same, and you’ll still connect with the same people you’ve come to trust.
Visit IXINITY.com to find out more about this factor IX and the company behind it.
IXINITY INDICATIONS AND IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
What is IXINITY®?IXINITY [coagulation factor IX (recombinant)] is a medicine used to replace clotting factor (factor IX) that is missing in adults and children at least 12 years of age with hemophilia B.
Hemophilia B is also called congenital factor IX deficiency or Christmas disease. Hemophilia B is an inherited bleeding disorder that prevents clotting. Your healthcare provider may give you IXINITY to control and prevent bleeding episodes or when you have surgery.
IXINITY is not indicated for induction of immune tolerance in patients with hemophilia B.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION for IXINITY®
· You should not use IXINITY if you are allergic to hamsters or any ingredients in IXINITY.
· You should tell your healthcare provider if you have or have had medical problems, take any medicines, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, such as over-the-counter medicines, supplements, or herbal remedies, have any allergies, including allergies to hamsters, are nursing, are pregnant or planning to become pregnant, or have been told that you have inhibitors to factor IX.
· You can experience an allergic reaction to IXINITY. Contact your healthcare provider or get emergency treatment right away if you develop a rash or hives, itching, tightness of the throat, chest pain, or tightness, difficulty breathing, lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or fainting.
· Your body may form inhibitors to IXINITY. An inhibitor is part of the body’s defense system. If you develop inhibitors, it may prevent IXINITY from working properly. Consult with your healthcare provider to make sure you are carefully monitored with blood tests for development of inhibitors to IXINITY.
· If you have risk factors for developing blood clots, the use of IXINITY may increase the risk of abnormal blood clots.
· Call your healthcare provider right away about any side effects that bother you or do not go away, or if your bleeding does not stop after taking IXINITY.
· The most common side effect that was reported with IXINITY during clinical trials was headache.
· These are not all the side effects possible with IXINITY. You can ask your healthcare provider for information that is written for healthcare professionals.
Please see full Prescribing Information.
You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to the Food and Drug Administration. Visit the www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Aptevo BioTherapeutics LLC, Berwyn, PA 19312