Our community is fortunate to have many diﬀerent scholarships. In fact, LA Kelley Communications had the ﬁrst online listing of scholarships for the bleeding disorder community! That’s how much I believe in a higher education. Take advantage of what the community is oﬀered! Learn about Education Advantage below!
Education Advantage - Scholarships for our Community brought to you by Shire
Since 2010, Education Advantage has awarded more than 200 scholarships to US students with bleeding disorders.
The program is open to eligible patients with hemophilia A, hemophilia B, inhibitors or von Willebrand Disease. Education Advantage is open to US students, regardless of which brand of treatment used.
Education Advantage oﬀers three diﬀerent scholarships to eligible applicants:
- University Scholarship
- Up to $7,000 for students seeking a bachelor’s degree
- Renewable for up to 3 additional years
- Community College and Technical Scholarship
- Up to $1,000 for students seeking an associate’s degree or a technical vocational certiﬁcate
- Renewable for up to 1 additional year
- GED Assistance
- One-time $150 reimbursement for students that pass the GED test
The application period for 2017 is open now until March 17th. You can ﬁnd more details about the scholarships and eligibility requirements, meet the previous year’s winners, and ﬁnd out how quick and easy it is to apply at www.bleedingdisorders.com/ea